Back to Blog - Gideon
Alien to the tech age as I am, I got lost in cyber space for two years, but Christine found me. Both my profile and I have been saved. I will be posting Saints and Sinners scripts for a few weeks (if I can find my way back here), starting with Gideon. Snappy, smart-alecky, and occasionally worth while. The interview GF is George Flores. These were aired on STAR 99.1 in the fall of 2008.
GF Gideon –
Wimp to Champ. The Israelites were doing exactly what they were told not to do – worshipping the gods of the Canaanites. Because of their disobedience, they were being totally dominated by the Midianites, even hiding out in caves. Finally, they cried out to the Lord, who appeared to Gideon and called him “Mighty Warrior.”
GF And you call him a Wimp!
Well, he started out that way, When God said, Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand, Gideon said, How can I save Israel? My tribe is the weakest and I am the least in my family.
GF So then he became a Champ?
He did. He gathered an army of 32.000 – too many for the Lord to get the glory, so He cut it down to 300 and then went out and whipped the Midianites with jars, torches and trumpets.
Labels: Saints and Sinners

1 Comments:
Great, you're on your way!
Post a Comment
<< Home